Dhono dhanye pushpe bhora



Reminds me my childhood days.. I used to sing this song listening from radio.

Lyrics:

Dhono dhanne pushpe bhora
aamader ei boshundhora
Tahar maajhe aache je ek
Shokol desher shera.
She je shopno diye toiri she desh
Smriti diye ghera
Emon deshti kothau Khuje paabe nako tumi,
Shokol desher raani she je aamaar jonmobhoomi,
she je aamaar jonmobhoomi, she je aamaar jonmobhoomi"

dhonO dhanne pushpe bhorA AmAder ei boshundhorA
tAhAr Majhe Ache desh ek shokol dhesher sherA
she je shopnO diye toirI she je sritI diye gherA
emon deshti kothao khuje pAbe nAkO tumI
she je shokol desher rAnI she je AmAr jonmobhumI
she je AmAr jonmobhumi she je AmAr jonmobhumI

chondro shUrjO grohO tArA, kothay ujon emon dhArA
kothay emon khele torit, emon kAlO meghe
O tAr pAkhIr dAke ghumiye pOrI pakhIr dAke jege
emon deshti .......


etO snigdhO nodI tAhAr, kothay emon dhumrO pAhAr
kothay emon horIt khetrO AkAsh tole meshe
emon dhAner opor dheu khele jay, batAsh tAhAr deshe
emon deshti....

pushpe pushpe bhorA shAkhI, kunje kunje gAhe pAkhI
gunjoriyA Ashe oli, punje punje dheye
tArA foolEr upor ghumiye pOre foolEr modhU kheye
emon deshti

bhAyEr mAyEr etO snehO, kothay gele pAbe kehO
O mA tomAr choron dutI bokkhe AmAr dhorI
AmAr ei deshete jonmO jenO ei deshete morI
emon deshti.......

8 comments:

Kumarika said...

Too Good!!! Thanks for posting. I am not a Bengali but I faintly remember this song from Radio. This one and another South Indian song.

Thank you so much!!! Your blog is very interesting on the whole.

Mishra DK said...

Thanks for the Comment
I think we were listening to same radio station.. Radio station Cuttack. ;)

Kumarika said...

Hmmm... You are right. It was played when I was 4-5 yrs on our radio and being an Odia makes sense that Cuttack station was playing on our radio. Thanks again. I have been listening to this one again and again since last two days :)

Soma said...

What a sense of pride fills me when I listen to this Composition.... salutations of my motherland....however personally this song has an immense universal appeal, cutting across frontiers of national borders....it depicts our love and respect for our own country and nation, I could be a German/Chinese/Mongolian/Nigerian/Libyan/Italian/British/American/indian whoever.....the feelings of patriotism is universal .....

Mishra DK said...

@ Soma.. Very True. Thank you verymuch for the comment

Rhinusmita (Tulip) said...

grew up with my mother singing this song...thank you

Unknown said...

thank u very much for posting. My sense faints picturing these lines... Just more than awesome

Mishra DK said...

Thanks