Closing Orkut

Answer to Sonal's blog post....

I dont know why I cannot forget anything.. and miss everything when those are not there..

Remember once when I was in Bangladesh, in front of the Parliament a small street girl of 7 - 8 years old presented me a beautiful rose. She was selling roses .. ten roses only 10 Taka. (Indian Rs. 8 equivalant on those days)

She came asked me "dada tumi ki hindustani?" (brother are you Indian?)
I said yes. Then she was so happy that she presented me a rose. I said I dont want to take.. she explained me that she always dreams of going to Kolkata. In her mind India is the most beautiful place to live. Said now as I called you my dada(brother), I want to give you this. Dont say No.

I had kept that rose along with my all other mementos received from different Bangladeshi dignitaries.

Last time when I had visited home found mom had cleaned the cupboard. and the dried rose was missing. Felt very sad...

Few days back ( i think 4-5 days from now) when I searched you in my friend's list did not find you. Understood that you have deactivated your account.

It is upto you. But some times those small scraps in orkut reminds me some stories related to me and many other people. Many times I have tried to close those accounts.. but could not..

1 comments:

goldendekhane said...

I know what you mean... I was thinking about deleting the account for a long time, but hadn't done so for exactly the same reason. Eventually it became too much, I had my information in so many places on the Web that made me uncomfortable. I hope you will stay in touch on FB though!!!